Thanks to Truly Tafakari’s post on her visit to New York, I started thinking about all the NYC things I wanted to do and still have not done.
I realize its July but there is no time like the present. Besides, why do the tourists get to have all the fun?
- Go on a boat cruise–my gym actually owns a yacht so I can make this happen.
- Go to Central and Prospect Park: I have an image I am running in Central Park wearing cute printed leggings and then just hanging out basking in the sun. Cannot promise I will actually do the running part. Lol. Update: I went to Prospect Park on Sunday with my close girlfriend and enjoyed laying in the sun catching up.
- Outdoor concert: Last outdoor concert I went to was at Penn’s Landing in Philly for Boys II Men and it was awesome seeing them live for the first time.
- Winery: I love wine, so the idea of walking through a vineyard tasting wine is everything to me.
- Beach trip: I never make it a priority to go to the beach and I actually like lying on the beach or wading in the water (I do not swim). I want to go to Long Beach with a few girlfriends and chillax. I will need a few more weeks in the gym first though.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge at night: I have never walked the Brooklyn Bridge during the day so either option works for me. Actually I lied. My dad took us on a protest in the ‘90s and midway through our important walk; someone yelled that the bridge was shaking so of course we all panicked. Sigh, good times.
- Not sure why but I have not been to the Highline yet. I have been in that general area but still this Highline alludes me.
- Natural hair meet up. Mostly, I want to go there for the overpriced samples but also because of all the hairspiration that will obviously surround me.
- Writers/bloggers conference and/or meet up. I need the discipline and why not write surrounded by other writers? It might be fun or at least productive.
- I really want to get off the train and randomly stumble into different thrift shops or art galleries. Then sit in a café for hours reading while I munch on chocolate croissants and drink café au lait.
- And most important, go to lots of yummy restaurants!
What’s on your summer to do list? What have you already done? Did I leave out something important? Tell me below!